Thursday, July 3, 2008

Thoughts on the Fourth of July

Since tomorrow is the Fourth of July I just wanted to take a moment to express my gratitude to my Heavenly Father for the country we have to live in. I am amazed at how a rag tag "army" (I use the world loosely because I don't think anyone was really trained in the art of warfare) was able to defeat the most powerful nation in the world. Hearing the different accounts, especially the one of George Washington riding across the battle field and not getting shot even though his cape had bullet holes in it, gives me goose bumps and reminds me that the establishment of this country was all part of the Lord's plan. He gave us this country, the "Land of the Free", so it would be possible to again establish his Kindgom here on the earth. I am grateful to my Heavenly Father for these things and so many more.

1 comment:

Shy said...

Nicole!!! So good to see you have such a cute little family! Your little girl is so cute and I must say I like her name! ha ha! Where are you guys living these days??? I miss hanging out with you guys around this time of year! We had lots of fun.....