Sunday, February 10, 2013

New Year

One of my New Year's Resolutions is to try and blog more often.  I've heard people call this their family journal and that's what I want to try and make ours.  Nathan started working as a salesman for Liberty GMC at the beginning of January and is doing really well.  He has health and dental insurance and we are grateful for that.  

I have been working as a report processor for a lady in my home ward.  It's nice because I can work from home for about 4 hours a day and we don't have to have another car.  

Shyanne is doing really well in 2nd grade.  Something new this year that she gets to experience is taking the school bus.  I've always been worried about the bus, because my experience from when I was younger was that the kids act dorky.  I am happy to say that so far everything is working out beautifully.  I walk her to the front of our apartments and stay with her until the bus picks her up and at the end of the day when the bus drops her off she simply walks home.  I honestly don't know why we didn't do this sooner, but I'm glad we did and that she loves riding the bus to school. 

We moved into our ward at the end of September and both of us have callings that we really enjoy.  Nathan was called as the Bear Cub Scout Den Leader.  Every Tuesday night he goes to the church around 6:30 and works with the Bears, which right now is only one boy.  That will be changing shortly I'm sure as upcoming boys turn 8.  I have been called as the Primary Pianist again.  I've had this calling before in our old ward and really love it.  There is just something about Primary songs that is so simple and sweet  and explains the gospel beautifully.  Well that is all for now I have to get dinner ready.

No comments: