Monday, December 22, 2008

My Mom

This is more for journaling purposes than anything else. My mom passed away yesterday morning and it was a bittersweet time for me and my family. We're sad because she's gone, but happy because she's not in pain anymore and in a better place. I am so thankful for the gospel and the knowledge we have that there is life after death and that because of Christ and the Atonement and Resurrection we too can live again. I don't know how people who don't have this knowledge get through the hard times... this has definitely strengthened my testimony of the gospel and of the temple and the ordinances performed in there. I am so thankful that I had one of the best moms. As I got older she became one of my best friends and always knew what to say in any given situation that just somehow made me feel better. She was one of the best examples of service I've ever seen. As long as I can remember she's always been helping out somehow whether it was taking in meals when others were sick, or giving people rides to whatever appointments they had that day, etc. I never heard her complain. She would always say "treat others the way you want to be treated" and that's how she lived her life. She truly emulated charity, the pure love of Christ.

3 comments:

Krause Crew said...

I am sorry to hear about your mom. My prayers will include you and your family at this time.

Melody said...

I am sorry to hear about your mom! Like you said she is in no more pain! And of what I remember your mom was the nicest lady! I remember when she took care of me and my brothers and sisters for about month(15 years ago?) and we had so much fun! Your family is in our prayers.

The Godoy's said...

I am sorry to hear about your mom..We are in Utah and Lindy called and let us know. We will not be able to make it to the funeral but I just want you to know we love you and you are in our prayers..I have many fun memories of your sweet mother! Love you!